Sunday, February 1, 2015

Colourpop Lippies! (Feminist & Creature)

It's another lipstick review!

(omg I obviously only like these two kinds of colors.. looks like my MAC lipstick shades..)
I purchased these "lippie stix" from ColourPop! Left is "Feminist," right is "Creature." I first heard of this brand from tumblr. ColourPop sells a really pretty selection of lipstick, lip pencils and eyeshadows! All of the lipstick and lip pencils and almost all of the eyeshadow are vegan, none of it is tested on animals, and it's all for a pretty good price! Each item is only $5 with free shipping on purchases over $30. Despite the spelling of its name, Colourpop is based in Southern California. What really caught my attention with this company, though, are the swatches they use.


Look how pretty this is! This is important because makeup can look a tad or a lot different on different skin tones!...


 This was the packaging! It's one of those padded envelopes, which is okay because I only got two lippies and it was sealed pretty well.

 This is what was in the package!
 Fun fact: These colors were inspired by EugĂ©nie Grey (Creature) and Joellen Lu (Feminist)
 It was kind of hard to get out of the box..
I got impatient with the 2nd box and just tore it open LOL

So that paper inside with the lipstick is actually the list of ingredients! I thought that was cool!

 This is the back of the Thank You card! Good intentions! I think you're allowed to be sad though. You do you!

 This is cooler than the top picture because the clouds kept moving.

FEMINIST
 Ahohoho. As you can see, it's easier for me to evenly cover my lips with Colourpop's Feminist than it is with MAC's Cyber.
 Maybe I just don't know the technique or I don't use primer? I don't know :C

CREATURE
 I think it's like slightlyyy darker than MAC's Diva.

SWATCHES
 I didn't want to edit these photos because I thought that would be kind of cheating?? haha.
Top photo is like, cool and indoors, natural light. Bottom photo is in sunlight and shadow. I think it shows the colors better.
Left to Right:  MAC Diva, Colourpop Creature, Colourpop Feminist, MAC Cyber
Diva & Creature look the same.. Cyber is more rosy than Feminist. I think the Colourpop lipsticks are a little creamier than MAC lipsticks. I don't really like creamy because it makes me feel like it wipes off easier and I get self conscious about that. If I were to rank these by how I like them, MAC Diva is my all-time favorite lipstick, and then it would be the Colourpop ones, and then Cyber. I need to learn how to put on Cyber better hahaha

But yeah I totally like what this company does and the prices so I'd totally recommend them!

The end.
Thanks for reading!

Update: I wrote this yesterday but I didn't want to post it yet because I wanted to go through a day to see how long the lipstick lasts because that's a factor for a lot of people but I don't think I can do it because I eat often, not a lot I guess but often so yeah.. LOL I'm sorry. I didn't want to not eat because lipstick experiment. gahh but it's ok like it's not like it wipes off super fast I guess? Unlike Cyber but I always have problems with MAC Cyber because I can't even put it on right. kawawaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment